BRUSSELS, BELGIUM – 10 March, 2023 – The EU-funded Migration Partnership Facility (MPF) launched a new Call for Proposals addressing the external dimension to the EU’s border and security priorities in the migration domain. The overall indicative amount made available under the Call is EUR 13,900,000.
Highlights of eligible activities under Borders (BMVI) funding framework (please see longer list in Call):
- Integrated border management enhancing the cooperation in border management between EU MS and partner countries;
- Investing in systems and services, training, exchange of experts, deployment of immigration liaison officers, innovative solutions and new technologies, studies;
- Strengthening the security of identity and travel documents in non-EU countries;
- Support to dialogue on visa issues with non-EU countries;
- Review and development of legislation, policy documents/strategies, action plans, policy tools and instruments, standard operating procedures;
Highlights of eligible activities under the Security (ISF) funding framework (please see longer list in Call):
- Support to thematic or cross-theme networks to improve mutual confidence, exchange and dissemination of know-how, information, experiences and best practices, pooling of resources and expertise in joint centres of excellence;
- Capacity building of relevant law enforcement, judicial authorities and administrative agencies based on expressed needs in the partner country;
- Support to joint operations in countries of origin, transit and destination, simulations and other exercises involving EU MS and partner country security actors (e.g. law enforcement, borders, judicial actors, NGOs, etc.);
- Capacity building to combat criminal networks and organisations active in migrant smuggling into the EU, to ensure effective law enforcement cooperation in this regard;
- Initiatives targeting trafficking in human beings including sexual and labour exploitation of illegally staying non-EU nationals and child trafficking;
How to Apply:
Applicants should refer to the details on the Call here, read the Guidelines and prepare a concept note using the template provided.